Author Topic: cruise control diagram 68 camaro  (Read 21844 times)

rippin

• View Profile
Re: cruise control diagram 68 camaro
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 03:13:09 AM »
I removed the vac unit  as I'm using the hei dist for now , or is this the servo with the chain ?

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 03:20:58 AM »
Try to get some pictures of the servo ( round thing under the wiper motor with the chain on it) and the regulator ( thing mounted on the left fenderwell that has 2 speedometer cables attached to it )
Your picture does not show much detail but it looks like the end of a CC switch / lever assembly with the lever removed. Wire colors should be Brown, Blue, Black at the plug end, a close up would be nice.
Bob

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 03:26:51 AM »
The regulator was missing , but both speedometer cables r there ,back in74 the car had been in an accident and that part went missing ,UNtell now the car sat untuched , n yes all the brown wires r there as well as vacuum hoses going though the fire wall

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 03:33:07 AM »
Bottom picture is a 67/68 servo and is correct.
Need to see regulator.
Could you get a picture of the pink wiring on the fuse box with it disconnected from fuse box?
Bob

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 03:38:45 AM »
Ok I'll send a pic in a few n yes the wires r brown ,blue n black at swicth plug n it was mounted under dash as in 1st picture ,i pulled it off to give a better look at it ..  ..  also have all wires n vac lines going though fire wall between wiper motor n brake boster

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 03:38:51 AM »
Nice shot of tilt column, the CC lever goes where the silver turn indicator is. Which side of brake booster, picture of lines would help.
Will be leaving for weekend tomorrow and will not be back until following Tuesday.

Bob

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 04:10:35 AM »
Wires

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 04:44:02 AM »
Wires

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
Above is a pic of the area were my swicth button was placed since  1974 for sure as much as I know ,its not on turn Sig but below dash next to power convertible swicth ,any out there have this curse control together with the tilt wheel ?? Would the tilt be a problem with the wire runing though it  and poss developing a break ??       I am looking for the servo to complete this set up if any one out there knows of one

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »
I have a 68 which  appears to have all GM curse control units except the regulator or carb mount pc , what's different is my switch button is not on turn Sig but under dash next to power top switch ,could this be a dealer option or factory option ??
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:16:16 PM by rippin »

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »
Replacement CC levers can be found on eBay but are expensive. CC with tilt is a factory option ( RPO K30 and RPO N33 ), all you need is a screw to mount the lever to the turn signal assembly.
I believe someone tried to install factory CC parts in your build and that is why we need the pictures of all the parts.
Do you have a 68 Assembly Instruction Manual ( 68 AIM )? You need to get one or down load file from this site as it will make reconstruction of the CC system easier and would not need all the pictures.
Bob

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 02:27:57 PM »
Without the regulator that is mounted on the fenderwell you are out of business. You will have to find one (67/68) as that is the heart of the CC system and they are very rare.
Bob

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »
rippin, I merged all your threads into one. As Kurt stated, there's no reason to start a new thread on the same subject. Just continue to reply to this one.

Admin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:20:20 PM by Admin »

rippin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:45 PM »
Ok thanks ,just saws this and jumped on to ask a question , n yes a 68 67 regulator is a shot in the dark, wounder are chevelle regulators the same ??         N yes I have the assembly manual n curse lay out diagram. I also have the curse sticker in glove box as well wounder if someone had tried to install a GM curse unit than why go to all the trouble way back in 74 to tar the harness wires to body under dash n  place the sticker in glove box ??                                                In one of my post I asked looking for the servo , I ment looking for the regulator oops am I bad.   N thanks. For the info big John but I'm not convinced my car did not come from the factory with this option ,I know for a fact this car was this way back in 74 as I new then owners, she orders this car with a lot of options,n a color over ride ( red car with blue convertible top n red interior ,power windows,luggage rack, power top ,tilt, gauges, tic toc tac,SS 350, Aastro vents logo on window, ARO wipers , power brakes,
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:04:40 PM by rippin »

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
I would bet that the regulator off any GM car would work.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition