Author Topic: New Door Seal to The Market  (Read 4721 times)

tmodel66

• View Profile
New Door Seal to The Market
« on: November 24, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
Has anybody tried these yet? They "look" good but you know how that goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330832048868?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: New Door Seal to The Market
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
I have always had good results buying from Camaro specialties. Bob is a huge Camaro guy and and is always coming up with new products and nos parts. I bought mine from heartbeat city who was the first to come out with the latex seals five or six years ago. I am very happy with them.
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
Yeah I got latex on mine too but I was just wondering if anybody had tried these and if they were any better than what was out there last year. That's when Metro come out with their new latex.
Daniel  

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
They look great don't they.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
They look great don't they.
They do. I hate to play guinea pig for these since mine are working pretty good but could be better. If they work as good as they look I would go ahead and change them.  I wish somebody would buy a set and let us know.   HINT HINT  Anybody
Daniel  

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:25:10 AM »
My son saw and heard me commenting while reading the Ebay listing in this thread a month or so back, about how good a few of you guys thought these seals looked, and this afternoon when I came home there was a box sitting on the table from Bob Harris containing what was supposed to be a set purchased as a Christmas present for me - albeit delayed by Customs as usual..
Other than being aware that my original ones were in very poor condition after so many years, I honestly don't know exactly how any such seals actually fit on a '68 as I truthfully never took a detailed look at the ones presently on the car.
My car presently now sits in a friend's snowbound race car trailer for the Winter, and a true comparison of appearance and fit will have to  wait for months until I can squeeze it out - but my first impression after comparing them to the Ebay photos, is that what I received unfortunately doesn't appear to match the ones as shown.
My son trusted Camaro Specialties and Harris after hearing me read the comments about how good they (and He) were for finding and selling good stuff and it is my hope now that we haven't been screwed over here.
As it is, one of the push-in plugs is missing (just an empty hole in the rubber - really not a real big deal) but it is the configuration of the ends that has me concerned.
I'm not saying that this is what has happened - but we 'cross border shoppers' do occasionally get taken advantage of because sellers know how much of a pain and how expensive it is to return stuff with distance and Customs involved, that occasionally almost anything will get shipped, due to the low chance that someone will spend the extra to return either defective or wrong items.
I hope this isn't of those instances but unfortunately I won't as I said, know until the snow melts and the car is pulled out probably in May.
Good luck to me until then, I guess..
I'll certainly post comments when I actually get to try the fit or at least a better side by side visual, for sure!

Dave C.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
Did your son buy the set presented in the ebay add or one of the other two styles we sell? 

My 68 Camaro was the pilot car for the first seal we had developed.  They are VERY Soft and hollow like the originals.  I am happy with mine, but of course I may also be biased as I work for Bob.

The Metro's are ok for 90% of the driver quality cars, but the door better be aligned up very well with the body, otherwise you will be slamming the door shut often.  Other factors do play a role, like the kick panels interfering with the door panels, or door panels that are just too long.  Many times I have had to grind material off of the ends of the Metro's in order to soften up the closing of the doors!

We sell many items to Canadians, as we are very close to the border, and therfore save Canadians much money in taxes.  I don't know what you are talking about as far as returns as I have never had anybody complain as long as you have a reciept.

As a matter of fact, many of our northern bound friends order items and have them shipped to our shop, then pick them up to take over the border in order to save money.

anything