Author Topic: Re: Help With Correct 69 X-22 Restoration  (Read 2337 times)

hotrod6078

• View Profile
Re: Help With Correct 69 X-22 Restoration
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »
Hello and many thanks to the excellent post and information I've obtained. I am in the process of restoring my 69 X-22; L-78 coupe. It is approximately 80% complete and I am striving to restore it as accurately as possible. I need some help with the car's interior option(s). It has a standard black interior, however it does have wood grain panels on the dash around the headlight/wiper switch area, as well as the radio controls, but there was no evidence of any further wood grain on the passenger side (I.E. glove box or surrounding area). The car has a center console, with the factory gauge package, as well as the passenger side grab handle and bright trim around the clutch, brake and gas pedals. What option code(s) have i described and am i missing anything, such as the glove box light and or aux. lighting? Also, would the standard pebble grained SS wheel be correct for what i have described? Your expert advise is greatly appreciated.   

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help With Correct 69 X-22 Restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
Based on your description the car was equipped with the Z23 Special Interior Group [$17.95] which included the items mentioned. Additional lighting was not included. The standard steering wheel with Z23 had the woodgrain shroud.

The full woodgrain on the RH side was part of Z87 Custom Interior [$110.60] although I have seen a couple of standard interior cars incorrectly built with it. Z87 also included everything in Z23.
Learning more and more about less and less...

hotrod6078

• View Profile
Re: Re: Help With Correct 69 X-22 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
Thanks william, your help is greatly appriciated.