Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Originality / Re: Undercoating inside of the doors
« Last post by 169INDY on Today at 05:15:57 PM »
Based my 1967 Build Model year 1968 Coupe (LOS)  the Interior cavity (LH) (RH) Door sound deadener was applied AFTER Body color was applied to the door including edge application and "overspray"

When Roger took this car apart he took photos of the door laying on the ground and you can see Clean 'undercoating' thru the door interior access holes.

D.W. should also have some details from his Red Car preservations.

JIM
Originality / Re: Undercoating inside of the doors
« Last post by CantRepeat on Today at 04:27:00 PM »
I've never heard of undercoating put on the bottom of the doors but that's not to say it didn't happen.

Maybe you can glean some info from the assembly process report.

http://www.camaros.org/assemblyprocess.shtml
Originality / Undercoating inside of the doors
« Last post by john302 on Today at 04:17:23 PM »
Was the undercoating inside of the doors applied after painting /priming ? There shouldnt be any type of overspray on it ?Thanks
Originality / Re: Factory Correct Vacuum Advance - 1968 Camaro
« Last post by bcmiller on Today at 03:04:08 PM »
A lot going on for me but I can try to see what I have. I bet I have 3 dozen or more distributors from 1966 to 1971.
Originality / Factory Correct Vacuum Advance - 1968 Camaro
« Last post by gwp4 on Today at 04:16:30 AM »
Hi Camaro Experts -

I have a 1968 standard base model cpe Camaro 327/210 HP SB manual 3 spd with no a/c.  I'm being judged in the Legends class and need the factory correct vacuum advance.  The original distributor on the car has the number 1111440 with a date code of 8D8 (April 8, 1968).  The car was manufactured on May 14, 1968 so it's correct.  The Legends judging manual for 1967-1968 Camaros does not have the 1111440 distributor number listed.  I believe the vacuum advance should be MS 201 15 but I'm not sure.  Many thanks in advance for the assistance.  gwp4
Originality / Re: Spare tire
« Last post by Badshifter on Today at 01:19:12 AM »
David K that is a nice print. Did you scan an original? Or how did you arrive at that shape? Looks like a fairly simply stamping originally.

Rustynut is your car a convertible? Your profile says an SS 350 but makes no mention of a convertible. Unless the retainer you seek is not for your car? Just curious. Anyhow the “manual” is the AIM ( Assembly Instruction Manual) that Kurt S has made available to all.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=9433.0

Originality / Re: Wiper motor stamping
« Last post by CantRepeat on May 06, 2024, 11:14:46 PM »
I've order a stamp made with the Introit font and will post the results once I get it.

The rest of the restoration turned out ok. I think the screws holding the pump nozzles came out too shiny for the zinc but I was able to find the correct color nozzles. Most of the repops are bright white and don't match.

Maintenance / Re: 67 wiper washer pump parts
« Last post by CantRepeat on May 06, 2024, 11:10:39 PM »
Thanks everyone. The suggested diaphragms were correct. Mine was just too smushed for me to see they were correct. Pump is repaired and back on the motor.
« Last post by cook_dw on May 06, 2024, 06:09:56 PM »
FYI acetone can be used to smooth out 3D prints to get rid of the ribs/ridges.
« Last post by KurtS on May 06, 2024, 05:01:44 PM »
I was able to find this information on an earlier thread, but I have no clue where to find the manual much less the part
Which manual? The assembly manual?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything