Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

1970 Mid Ohio Trans Am Color Photographs

<< < (2/3) > >>

oldtransamdriver:
Wow!  Look at the size of the crowd.  I missed this race because of the overheated engine at Bryar.  If I remember, team-mate Dave Lawler finished 8th in his camaro?

Robert Barg

SMKZ28:

--- Quote from: oldtransamdriver on January 12, 2014, 06:06:05 PM ---Wow!  Look at the size of the crowd.  I missed this race because of the overheated engine at Bryar.  If I remember, team-mate Dave Lawler finished 8th in his camaro?

Robert Barg

--- End quote ---

Robert, according to http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=9402 your team-mate Dave Lawler finished 12th, 7 laps down to the winner.  He won $500 for his finish that day.  I know you didn't participate in the race due to your overheated engine but did you attend the race?

group/7:
 SMKZ28.....thanks for posting those pics... even though we are in florida, I'm still lurking here ! in particular, like the one of hall in the chaparral camaro & titus in the firebird, catchin' some air.

group/7

oldtransamdriver:
I got my races mixed up - Dave was 8th at Bryar.  He did not race in 71 - heard many years ago the car went into storage end of 70 - has not resurfaced.  Dave passed in 91 or 92 after doing some Canadian Players
GM Series racing in those years.  I last saw him in the late 70's at Mosport attending a race.

Robert Barg

SMKZ28:

--- Quote from: group/7 on January 13, 2014, 12:43:44 AM --- SMKZ28.....thanks for posting those pics... even though we are in florida, I'm still lurking here ! in particular, like the one of hall in the chaparral camaro & titus in the firebird, catchin' some air.

group/7

--- End quote ---

Your welcome Mike, that was my favorite picture as well.

Thanks for the info Robert.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page