News:

Classified ads are not allowed on the forum.

Main Menu

restoring hood hinges

Started by BillOhio, September 30, 2026, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillOhio

Hi guys.  I have a set of hood hinges I want to phophate.  They were painted and I found a foil pan at dollar general that I soaked them in.  Was not the best fit but worked.  I was wondering if anyone found anything big to heat them up in for the phosphate?  I read where someone used an old stainless sink and would like to get them done quicker than looking for an old sink. 
Thanks
1969 Z28s, Burgundy and Rally Green
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10
1969 RS legend certified

BillOhio

I do see lowes has a $62 single bowl stainless sink.  Cheaper than pots! It may have some insulation under it but may be worth a look
1969 Z28s, Burgundy and Rally Green
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10
1969 RS legend certified

bcmiller

Check FB Marketplace or one of the Habitat for Humanity ReStore locations.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now 468   /  1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - project / 1970 Nova updated L88 M40
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Petes L48

I used an old stainless food service tray/pan I had laying around, the type you see in a cafeteria food line. But buying one new would be costly. Porcelain coated pots or pans will also work, if you can find one large enough.   

169INDY

I used a Old Omegasonic SS Sink, now that I think about it would a Large diameter Plastic Tube with on end capped and submerge them collapsed. Just a hair brain thought not sure
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

BillOhio

I secured a sink and a single basin will hold a hood hinge.  I bought a lpg burner off amazon for under $40 and will see how this works.  My grill is wood pellets so I may see if dad notices his grill tank is missing!!
1969 Z28s, Burgundy and Rally Green
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10
1969 RS legend certified