CRG Discussion Forum

Camaro Research Group Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: WaltZ on September 26, 2026, 08:53:21 AM

Title: Directional Lights Modifications for N40 and N44: Quicker Cancelling
Post by: WaltZ on September 26, 2026, 08:53:21 AM
Seems like when gm designed the steering wheel cancel rotation of 45-90 degrees it was for standard steering and not the quick ratios N40 or N44.
Has anyone made an adjustment to get the cancel rotation down to approximately +-20 degrees. And if so, what was done to achieve it.
In the meantime, I will keep fiddling with the cancel cam.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Title: Re: Directional Lights Modifications for N40 and N44: Quicker Cancelling
Post by: KurtS on September 27, 2026, 11:11:07 PM
Interesting problem that hadn't occurred to me.
Did you look if there were any special parts in the parts catalog?
Title: Re: Directional Lights Modifications for N40 and N44: Quicker Cancelling
Post by: WaltZ on September 28, 2026, 11:25:01 AM
I did look for other cams and no luck, but not in the parts catalog as I do not have one.
I did a try for now modifications to the cancel cams by epoxying new lobes about 1 1/16 inches apart c2c.
May not be pretty, but it changed the cancel from the factory 45-75 degrees to about 20-25 degrees, so much sooner cancelling than stock lobes.
I do notice from a full tight turn to lock, the cancel comes off sooner, at about a 1/2 turn from full lock. To me, no big deal as at that time, I've already finished my turn and returning to straight.
I may even try to move the lobes a little more to get it to 10-15 degrees, but first I want to drive it for a while, not that the cancel will change, but to see if I like where it's at...
*The factory lobes may need to be eliminated after testing for cancel stop to stop to make sure there is no overlap.
My goal is to achieve directional cancel when passing and returning back into my lane on the highway. ;)
Yahoo, no more cruising with a directional on!

68 cancel cam.jpg69 cancel cam.jpg.