CRG Discussion Forum

Camaro Research Group Discussion => Restoration => Topic started by: hdptsr on August 14, 2026, 01:00:30 PM

Title: 1969 Console mounting
Post by: hdptsr on August 14, 2026, 01:00:30 PM
Can someone provide me with a template or measurements where to mount the 1969 camaro console bracket on the transmission tunnel?  I replaced the floor and do not know where to mount the bracket.  Thanks Joe
Title: Re: 1969 Console mounting
Post by: hdptsr on September 15, 2026, 11:17:45 AM
Nobody has a tunnel they can take some quick measurements on?  Maybe from front floor pan seam to hole in front of shifter?
Title: Re: 1969 Console mounting
Post by: KevinW on September 15, 2026, 05:45:27 PM
I also need some console locating, I think I have to take apart my other 69's console to get it.  But once you locate the front bracket, you just use the lower section to locate the rivnuts.  Then you install the upper console and 4 speed plate with black shifter tube thing.  Then you can use the tube to locate the shifter hole.  That is what I will do when I am ready.
Title: Re: 1969 Console mounting
Post by: GMAD_Van Nuys on September 15, 2026, 06:06:59 PM
Found this template on camaros.net website:

https://www.camaros.net/threads/console-bracket-holes-where.213909/