Author Topic: Exhaust for '67 2 bbl single exhaust  (Read 6823 times)

dadufty

• View Profile
Exhaust for '67 2 bbl single exhaust
« on: September 15, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
I am looking where I can get a single exhaust system for my '67 camaro , small block 327, 2bbl.  Not able to find any in the usual online sites or catalogs.  Do I just go to Midas Muffler or similar store and let them create one?

I am original owner and cannot remember ever putting in a new pipe or muffler.  Been lucky I guess.

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust for '67 2 bbl single exhaust
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
  Most muffler shops can custom bend a system. I would recommend to get aluminized pipes for longevity.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 01:25:58 AM »
I looked for a long time and finally found an NOS Y pipe and a local shop had the original cards with the correct details to bend the rest.  I have it on my car now.  I would say you will have to have it made at a shop, I got lucky on the Y pipe.
Russ

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:02:43 AM »
Just to add, I called some of the exhaust manufacturers as well as some of the restoration parts vendors and there were no sources for the single exhaust.
Russ

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »
Other than the head pipe I would think the rest would be the same as one side of a dual system. But then you know what happens when you make assumptions. If you are not looking for a correct system to be judged, I would go to the local shop and have them bend up a system for you. Good luck.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

68rs327conv

• View Profile
    • The build
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
Just installed a single exhaust on my restoration yesterday.  I purchased mine from Classic Exhaust in Ohio a few years back.  Not too many vendors are making single exhaust.
Installation was not to bad, needed a little persuasion getting the muffler angle just right, but definitely a 2 person job.  I am very happy with the results.  Also I believe Waldron's also makes a singlel exhaust

http://classicexhaustinc.com/

Mike
Mike
68 RS Conv 327/210hp, Powerglide Factory AC

anything