Author Topic: 69 Front Spoiler Brackets  (Read 2931 times)

LM69Z28

• View Profile
69 Front Spoiler Brackets
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
Are the original factory brackets the same length and have the same angel twist and flat flanges as the reproductions? I was going to use the correct mounting kit not the aftermarket one but hesitate attaching the bracket and washer to the bottom outside of lower fender extension, not to the inside of the extension as you do with the repro set.  That attachment point may damage the paint etc if the spoiler is banged around??? GM AIM says differently.........refer to AIM D80 A1
Thanks for the help
LM69Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Front Spoiler Brackets
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
Are the original factory brackets the same length and have the same angel twist and flat flanges as the reproductions? I was going to use the correct mounting kit not the aftermarket one but hesitate attaching the bracket and washer to the bottom outside of lower fender extension, not to the inside of the extension as you do with the repro set.  That attachment point may damage the paint etc if the spoiler is banged around??? GM AIM says differently.........refer to AIM D80 A1
Thanks for the help
LM69Z28

The attachments as shown in the A.I.M. are correct.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

LM69Z28

• View Profile
Re: 69 Front Spoiler Brackets
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
Thank you John, I figured they were since they are shown in the AIM but the real question was the length of the actual brackets.
Regards
Michael Kellogg
LM69Z28