CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105744 Posts in 12343 Topics by 4756 Members
Latest Member: russ69
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Shifter Boot...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Shifter Boot...  (Read 2169 times)
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »

I'm glad to be of help, Randy. I hope that boot from HBC works out well for you.

Jon Mello
CRG
dutch

Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 06:21:37 AM »

Here are a few more shots of my NOS shift boot.

Jon - probably a stupid question, but in one of your pictures of your new and NOS boot taken from directly above, it appears as though the base of the rubber boot has a taper that makes it wider at one end than the other..
I assume that it is positioned so that it faces with the wider end towards the front of the transmission tunnel and the narrower end towards the rear and seats?
It appears as though it and the rest of the mounting hardware could be attached either way and now that I look at it, I believe that I may have in haste to 'be on the road' have had mine reversed with the narrower dimension facing towards the front of the car.
This may have in some small degree contributed to my old boot ripping, although it is also smaller overall than the one I now have in hand from HBC (finally after 4 weeks and almost $25 over the list price - you gotta love shipping and customs to Northern Canada - eh!?). I'm ready to install the new one and just want to make sure I get it correct this time..
I can't seem to find a picture of the correct orientation although it would be hard to in fact see considering the minor differences in the dimensions in any interior picture..
Thanks - Randy
68Zproject

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »

That original one Jon showed looks like the repro I got.  I just have to try and remember where I got it.

68Z28
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »

Randy, you are correct in thinking that the wider part goes toward the front. The 4 screw holes in the boot should line up with the holes in the floor pan.

-Jon

Jon Mello
CRG
68Zproject

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »

That one does look the same except the seam on top and it looks like the original slot for the shifter was offset a little.

68Z28
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: