Author Topic: Searching for 1969 Camaro ran in SCCA Midwest Council  (Read 4667 times)

JBraun

• View Profile
Searching for 1969 Camaro ran in SCCA Midwest Council
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »
Searching for a '69 Camaro built and ran by Fred Braun & Scott Shadel in SCCA ASedan / GT1 during 1970's.   Car was later owned by Lou Carroso and Joey McDougan (sp?).  Last I saw the car, it was sitting outside behind AutoConcepts at Blackhawk Farms raceway, Rockton, IL. It was painted a deep pink color. 

I have spoken with Lou, Joey, and Ray Irwin, from Blackhawk Farms, recently.  Lou was able to inform me that he received a call approx. 3 years ago from a gentleman in WA that was looking to purchase the car because he was looking for the rearend that was in that car.

Ten years ago, I spoke with a person named Kelley, from GA. Email address is no longer valid, and unable to contact via phone. At that time, I thought he had possession of the '69, but I was only able to recover 1 email with information, which was defunct.

If anyone may have information about the car, I would be grateful.

Jay Braun

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for 1969 Camaro ran in SCCA Midwest Council
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »
Jay,

I don't know anything about the car but there are a couple of people who check in here periodically that might. Best of luck in your search. Are the photos below from when Fred and Scott were running it?
Jon Mello
CRG

JBraun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »
John - These photos were from the week it came out of paint/ body; circa 1970.

I attached the only photo I have on track.  I will ask Scott for any others.

Spartan Performance was the sponsor on the side of the car.  Spartan Perf. was owned by George McQuisten; a Goodyear tire distributor; he started as Acorn Tire out of Chicago.

Jay

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »
Thanks, Jay.  Maybe the track photo will be helpful to someone who will remember something about the car.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything