Author Topic: Introduce myself an my car  (Read 25574 times)

ChronoX

• View Profile
Re: Introduce myself an my car
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
Very nice car Andre,I hope the engine pad checks out ok!!

Thanks  :)

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
If you don't get it by the end of the week there might not be a car. Looks like Isaac is gonna make a visit about Wednesday.

It occurred to me after I post we have a member in Destin, I Fire Chief or Captian. I can't think of his user name but seems like a nice guy, I'm sure he would help if needed. And I am serious, if you need anything when youa re in Florida just hallow 850-508-7357.

At the least make sure you go to McGuire's Pub jsut over the bridge in Ft. Walton when you are in Florida.

I hope Isaac will miss FL. Don't care about the car, the people are more important.

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »
Hey guys, working this weekend and getting ready for a hurricane.  I'm sorry but I have never seen this
 car in Destin.   If you would like give me more information and I would be glad to check it for you.  The next few days maybe busy for me though. 

Thanks, the car is origin from Freeland MI and still not longer than 3 weeks in FL based.
My mate stores the car in his garage.

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »
QUESTION to the experts.

Starting position:
Car build period was:
01 = January, 1967, the month car was built.
D = Fourth week of the month.
That means dates between: Monday 01-23-67 to Sunnday 01-29-67 correct?

What date was exactely stamped on my original 67 transmission for my car?

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Andre’ – You are correct about the $$$ but when it's all said and done I'm sure this '67 won't be cheap either. ;)

If you don’t mind me asking; who verified the engine is original to the car? And, I cannot stress this enough; have the seller send you clear pics of the engine pad so you can post them on this thread. The pad should be as clear as, or close to as clear as, the one I’ve posted below, without paint.

I hope you don’t think I’m meddling too much. I just don’t want you to get burned.

here it is...

17L137046  V0116MT

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
I am not sure. I have some input, but I will wait to see what the experts have to say before I comment as I may be wrong.

Very nice car though. I hope it does check out.

IZRSSS

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »
The only way I would be able to give you my opinion one way or another is if that thick layer of paint is removed from the pad. Other-wise someone else who has access to the data base will have to make the call by comparing fonts for your model; possibly Kurt/Ed/Mark.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »
Yes, please remove the paint. DON'T use a screwdriver, sandpaper, grinder, wire brush, etc... DO use paint remover and a rag. We need to see the machining marks under the paint.

Ed

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 04:52:12 AM »
OK, i will do that as soon as i am in FL.

ChronoX

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
QUESTION to the experts.

Starting position:
Car build period was:
That means dates between: Monday 01-23-67 to Sunnday 01-29-67 correct?

What date was exactely stamped on my original 67 transmission for my car?

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
If that car didn't work out, i have seen some nice camaros on Ebay and i think on camaros.net in Florida recently.
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 12:09:10 AM »
QUESTION to the experts.

Starting position:
Car build period was:
That means dates between: Monday 01-23-67 to Sunday 01-29-67 correct?

What date was exactly stamped on my original 67 transmission for my car?

That date is when the build period started. Figure a few days afterwards it was completed providing it didn't get pulled to the side for anything out of the norm. I haven't looked at the Julian date calculator to see if your day dates are accurate. As an example of a 'period' my 67 has a 4B date on the trim tag and the UOIT shows a date of April 13th. Almost at the end of that period.
   But, don't get hung up on the tranny date stamp. The date stamped could have been several weeks before the car build date and sat in inventory before being used. The fact that it will not be the original tranny will not make any "P" date any more valuable unless you happen to find the real case with the VIN stamped in it. Most cars today do not have their original trannys so it will not impact the value of the car much at all if you plan on selling it later.
  Don't worry about the tranny and just enjoy the car while you have your health and some $$$$ in your pocket. Life is short!

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

IZRSSS

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
Andre’- There is no way of knowing exactly what was stamped on your original transmission. What I can say is there were 45,806 M20’s sold in ’67. More than were sold in ’68 & ’69. My point is they were flying off the shelves so the date should be within one month or less from your cars January build date; the closer the better (please KIM, this is where I'd like to see the date for a tranny but it wasn't always the case). I too have an L48 (TH350) which was built the 1st week in Dec. ’68 and its transmission is dated November 14.

Two members offered info on transmissions that would both work for your purpose; Jon & Paul. If any members would know what transmissions would qualify it would certainly be them. Check out some of their past posts and you’ll see what I mean.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:43:53 AM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
If that car didn't work out, i have seen some nice camaros on Ebay and i think on camaros.net in Florida recently.

I'm leaning towards this being a legit stamp. Just want to get a closer look at the pad.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
FYI I have a new rebuilt P7P 4 speed. No miles never installed.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

anything