Author Topic: 1969 convertible trunk floor  (Read 4997 times)

mike396

• View Profile
1969 convertible trunk floor
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »
there are small round dents located in the back of my trunk floor roughly in the area where the traverse muffler is located. These are randomly located . Are these from the factory or just damage from almost 40 years of use? I thought i saw the same marks on the trunk floor of an e-bay picture. I need to replace the trunk floor and am wondering if i need to duplicate them. thanks

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1969 convertible trunk floor
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
Are they spotweld indentations the full width of the panel, or larger "dents"? Got a photo?
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

mike396

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:35:42 PM »
These are larger dents about the size of the pick end of a body hammer. They are located right above the pass.side drain plug. I think you can see the same dents on a post from Buick GS on the restoration of his trunk floor. I saw them right before I wrote this so maybe I answered my own question. Take a look see what you think. I will try to get a picture posted as soon as i can figure out how to do it. Thanks

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:55:47 PM »
Just use the "Additional Options" item just below the box you type in, and you can upload photos directly from your hard drive.  :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG