Author Topic: 67 Quadrajet base gasket - who sells? It is supposed to be about 5/8" thick  (Read 4655 times)

DaveR

• My LOS L78 complete with smog
    • View Profile
    • www.photobucket.com
Looking for the correct quadrajet base gasket that goes under the metal heat shield.  Would be correct for both L30 and L48 cars.  Important to be the correct thickness, about 5/8" so the air cleaner is raised high enough to clear coil.
67 SS/RS LOS L78 Butternut Yellow
67 RS L30/M20 Butternut Yellow
68 SS/RS Yenko clone Red -
68 SS/RS L78 Tripoli Turq
67 SS/RS L48 Tahoe Turq

bertfam

• View Profile
Carb gasket 3884574 (Group 3.726) was used on a lot of applications like the 66-69 Nova, Chevelle and 67-69 Camaro with 327, 350 and 396 engines (exe special high performance) , the 68-69 Corvette with the Rochester 4bbl carb (and various full size cars and trucks), but I don't remember it being 5/8" thick. More like 1/16". (HERE'S an NOS one on ebay and it's sure not 5/8" thick)

However, most of the repop houses carry them.

Ed

67 RS Ragtop

• View Profile
All the original gaskets I have seen are as Ed described (thin). You may possibly have the wrong coil bracket, as the one for the L30 for example, has more of a rearward angle on it to gain the necessary clearance at the air cleaner - Just my Thoughts.

DaveR

• My LOS L78 complete with smog
    • View Profile
    • www.photobucket.com
I have two Camaros in the restoration process, tried a half of a dozen different coil brackets, and even made sure that the rebuilt quad was done with the correct thickness gaskets, and still don't have it right.  On my original L48, I have a bottom gasket that is just over 1/2 inch thick.  Unfortunatelly, it doesn't have a part number on it.
67 SS/RS LOS L78 Butternut Yellow
67 RS L30/M20 Butternut Yellow
68 SS/RS Yenko clone Red -
68 SS/RS L78 Tripoli Turq
67 SS/RS L48 Tahoe Turq

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
I get the right fiber gasket and metal heat shield for my 1969 L48 all the time at Rock Auto dot com.

I have noticed over the years the heat shield has gotten a bit thinner but I still have no coil issues.

Once upon a time Napa had a house brand sandwich gasket, came in two flavors where the heat shield was glued to the top of the fiber one, and one where the heat shield was sandwiched inside the fiber, so you have fiber sealing to the intake and fiber sealing to the carb base but the thickness was the same on both versions.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator