Author Topic: I need help with my 1111467 8a3 Distributor 1968 z28  (Read 2475 times)

Ramjett54

• Decatur Alabama
    • View Profile
I need help with my 1111467 8a3 Distributor 1968 z28
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:56:22 PM »
My distributor has the wrong shaft, cam and probably the springs and weights as well. with the parts being so hard to find what are my options?
Modify parts? Get reproductions? Try to find used? ha The shaft in it is a 786w the cam is a 728. I also have a 119w shaft and a 536 cam.
What is the optimal set up for street use in regards to advance curve and the vacuum advance.
Thanks in advance for the wisdom of the masses 

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: I need help with my 1111467 8a3 Distributor 1968 z28
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »
Send it to Jerry...

http://www.z28camaro.com/restosvcs.html#Distributor

From the Camaro Hi-Performance website...

"Need your distributor restored, then you've come to the right place. Camaro Hi-Performance specializes in AC Delco distributor restoration and pride ourselves as being the best in the business. If you don't believe us, read our customer feedback. We restore more distributors than anyone in the restoration business. Here are some of the facts: we first disassemble all distributors to inspect for wear. We reskin (a gentle tumbling process) that restores the aluminum housing to brand new original condition. Cast iron units are glass beaded and painted semi gloss black. When the assembly process begins, we blueprint every distributor checking and setting clearances for ultimate performance. A new Delco vacuum advance is installed and the distributor is tested on Sun #404 Distributor machine. High-quality Accel points and condenser are used and tested to 8000rpm. You also receive a certified calibration data sheet showing every detail about your unit and how the curve is set up."

Paul