Author Topic: Looking for another decal project to consider  (Read 15882 times)

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Looking for another decal project to consider
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 01:03:04 AM »
 I have spoken to the folks at ECS a while back and they say their tags are correct in every detail and created from known tags.
 Not sure of the paper stock though (I never asked them).
http://ecsautomotive.com/

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 02:35:31 AM »
Talked on the phone with rat-pack tonight.  It's been years since we've talked, but he is still a "motormouth"  :)  He certaihnly seems to have a wealth of knowledge on Camaros.

We're going to be tossing around a few things I guess.  We'll see where it all leads.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:21:31 AM »
Have a few things happening right now.

First - Received some pictures of original 69 Camaro Spring Tags from an unlikely source - a good Chevelle buddy of mine.  Over the weekend I also purchased on-line the proper font for these (it is a weird one, but correct).  Rat Pack is suppose to get me some pictures as well.  Look for some comparisons in the near future once I get some time to work with them.

Second - Received a picture from Ed (enio45) of the original Jacking Instructions Decal on his low mileage 69Z.  I've asked for some better quality photos which I'm sure he will provide.  I will talk to my software guru to see if he wants to tackle another one of these.
WEBSITE

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 01:16:11 AM »
Know I'd be interested in correct coil and rear spring labels for our multi-leaf 68Z.
Go get em Don :)
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

IZRSSS

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
Don - have you given any thought to making the black air breather sticker discussed on this thread?

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8847.45

Thanks,

Marty

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:07 AM »
Funny you should mention that Marty.  I was spending time fine tuning all my decal files and customers today and came across one of these we did quite some time ago.  To be honest I don't remember when, or who for, or what application it is for. It is coded CU.

I remember now why we didn't take that item any further.  The corners are so weird on originals and I'm afraid I just could not replicate the edges to my satisfaction.  The corners are almost three different angles/cuts.  Here's a picture of the one we did.  As said, I can't recall what it is for.  I would have to check the original pics sent to verify again how accurate it was.  The supplier of the picture and ourselves also didn't know if the lettering should be White or Gold.

WEBSITE

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 02:53:02 AM »
Marty - here is the original picture supplied to me.  Obviously the enthusiast wanted the code and part number changed to suit their needs.

You can see a lot of errors in that reproduction you posted in that other thread.

WEBSITE

IZRSSS

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Here are all four stickers combined. There is one missing that I wish I had filed away. Kurt posted it off of eBay but has since expired. I would like to compare it to your original. Anyway, your sticker is far more accurate than that other one which lacks the proper font, spacing, punctuation, etc.

The corners as you say are a hard call. Although I think you might be exaggerating them somewhat (just my 1 cent  :)). No telling what 40+ years of heat/elements can do to a sticker.

Can you or anyone else tell me what “CU”, “CV”, & “CO” stand for and why so many variations? And, which one of these would be correct for a '69 L48, 12A build?

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
Afraid I don't have an answer for you Marty.  Hopefully someone will.
WEBSITE

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
Second - Received a picture from Ed (enio45) of the original Jacking Instructions Decal on his low mileage 69Z.  I've asked for some better quality photos which I'm sure he will provide.  I will talk to my software guru to see if he wants to tackle another one of these.

Don,    Are you guys going to tackle the 69 Jacking Instructions?  What is the date on the picture that Ed provided?

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
David, the one on Ed's car is dated 10-1-68 part number 3949506.  I just got the new pictures in.  His original is in unbelievable shape, best original I have ever seen.  I have contacted Shaun to see if he wants to take this one on.  Jacking Instructions decals are intricate and take quite a bit of time.

I'm sure there were several versions for 69 Camaros, but at least this is the first one presented to us.  Stay tuned.
WEBSITE

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »
Don any plans to make a 69 L48 emission decal? I didn't see one on your site or did I miss it?
Also would like to see a "DE" Air Cleaner Service decal for a 69.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
Don any plans to make a 69 L48 emission decal?
Believe it is the same as the Z/28 one we just finished.  Several engines included on that decal.
WEBSITE

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »
Don any plans to make a 69 L48 emission decal?
Believe it is the same as the Z/28 one we just finished.  Several engines included on that decal.

Really cool. I'll run back to your site and fire up an order. My current was wiped with lacquer thinner in the 80's guess I should remove it before installing yours?

Any hope for the DE Air Cleaner Service decal for SS350/300 with ZL2 hood?  I looked everywhere and didn't see one.

Brian
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator