Author Topic: 69 Camaro,Nov. car....what to look for.  (Read 3321 times)

ded

• View Profile
69 Camaro,Nov. car....what to look for.
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »
New to the forum,awesome site,and a newb so please take it easy on me :). I'm going to go look at a November of 68 car and was hoping someone could give me a link or tell me how to 'decode' this car since it is 'pre-X' car.He told me he has the Houndstooth Interior and that it has the bigger fuel line and large hole in the fire wall,whatever that means,has front disc brakes,multi leaf 12 bolt rear end and is a four speed console car.He also said he has a DZ motor that has been rebuilt at some time or another that goes with it.

From what I gather fraud is making it hard for 'X' cars to be authenticated,much less the 'pre-X' cars.I've heard that even pre-x cars have markings in the interior that identify which version of 'X' it truly is but I don't even know if that is true.Any help with decoding this car,visually and mechanically,would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:04:09 AM by ded »

buenymayor

• View Profile
Re: 69 Camaro,Nov. car....what to look for.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
Pop the rear seat back cushion out and see if there is a X1, X2, X3, etc in chalk on the bulkhead behind the seat if it is a Norwood built car. Sometimes they put it there. X1=X11, X2=X22, etc.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
Here is a good reference to try to identify 69 Models and should get you started.

http://www.camaros.org/diffs69.shtml

Also if you have any information or pictures of the cowl tag, VIN tag, and drivetrain code numbers that will help.

ded

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
Thx guys very helpful.I just wanted 'eye-test' info for now because he's wanting enough for it that unless it's a Z or a BBSS car I'm not even going to bother with digging any deeper.I knew about the interior markings but didn't know if they were always marked,good to know that barring alteration it's a good place to start.The fact that it's a single fuel line with multi-leaf,not sure if it's 4 or 5 leaf,(if factory) car looks like it narrows it down to a Z or BBSS so that's good.

IF it passes initial visuals I will take pics and post them...again many thx.

anything