Author Topic: Stance using the Hotchkiss TVS ( Pictures available??? )  (Read 3529 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
I am pretty certain that I'll be going with the Hotchkiss TVS system for my '68. Before I do though, I would like to get an idea of what the stance will look with it installed.

Has any one installed this system ( 1 1/2 inch or 3 inch drop leaf springs) on a '67 or '68 and has a profile picture of your car showing the stance and the distance between the top of the tires and the top of the wheel opening. If you didn't have a picture, could tell me the distance between the top of your tires and the top of your wheel openings front and rear.

On my car, for some reason right now, there is a 5 inch space between the top of my rear tires and the top of the wheel opening. The car is just rolling shell. No interior, no front end sheet metal, no engine or transmission. Just the empty shell sitting on a bare subframe. Looking back at pictures of the car when it was whole and running, it did not sit up nearly that high in the back. For a car in this state is it normal for the back end to sit up that high when most of the weight removed from the car was from the front end?

I bring this up wondering if I would need the 1 1/2 inch or 3 inch drop leafs in the back.

Thanks............Dave

77thor

• View Profile
Re: Stance using the Hotchkiss TVS ( Pictures available??? )
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
I would think that it is NOT normal for it to be sitting that high in back.
Were the shocks removed??
1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Re: Stance using the Hotchkiss TVS ( Pictures available??? )
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »
Yes, the shocks are removed.

anything