Author Topic: GM Hertiage Center Not Open to the Public  (Read 5614 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
GM Hertiage Center Not Open to the Public
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »

Copy this and open in your browser...Some rare GM cars in this building...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=endscreen&=R=1&v=RvVmDsWnMOk

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

restore-z28

• View Profile
Re: GM Hertiage Center Not Open to the Public
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
Great video and thanks for posting Eddie. I remember watching Barrett Jackson either earlier this year or last and the GM Heritage collection was selling off a number of cars, always wondered why they did that...
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
Very Kool

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
Great video and thanks for posting Eddie. I remember watching Barrett Jackson either earlier this year or last and the GM Heritage collection was selling off a number of cars, always wondered why they did that...
If you remember they declared bankrupcy? They got rid of lots of cars at a fraction of their investment, most without titles because they weren't really complete cars. It was attempt to repay the bailout, before the Chinese $$ arrived.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
Ah yes, now I recall that. I am sure they didn't raise enough capital to satisfy all of the creditors...
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
What a waste not having that collection open to the public.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
What a waste not having that collection open to the public.
True you as a tourist can't just walk in off the street, but you as a group or special event can....

From the GMHC website "the 60,000 square foot exhibition area of the facility has been specifically designed to efficiently accommodate business meetings, training sessions and corporate events-large or small—formal or informal. Non-profit fundraising events, black-tie receptions, employee recognition events, even corporate holiday parties are just some of the functions that are hosted at the GM Heritage Center.

Not open to the public, access to the Heritage Center is limited to GM internal sources and external organizations seeking a unique, exclusive venue…a facility displaying nearly 200 priceless vehicles and artifacts that was also designed to create the ideal setting for a variety of events.

Group Tours
Group tours are available to groups, clubs, or staffs, and require a 30-person minimum. A fee of $10 per person is charged for tours scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. A fee of $20 per person is charged for tours scheduled after hours or on Saturdays. Sunday and Holiday tours will be quoted by the GM Heritage Center event coordinator. Guests should allocate about 1.5 hours for their tour.

Cameras are welcome. Strollers are prohibited. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Guests are not permitted to touch the vehicles, enter vehicles or open doors or hoods.

Schedule an Event or Tour
For more information or to schedule a tour, please email the GM Heritage Center event coordinator at gmhc@gm.com or call 586-276-1498. For rates & guidelines, click here.

General Motors Heritage Center
6400 Center
Sterling Heights, MI 48312"

Sounds like we need to organize a CRG or Team Camaro road-trip sometime.
http://gmheritagecenter.com/facility-rental/
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »
Glad to share, I did not know anything about GH until today...A friend shared this with me...I was surprised to see the first electric protypes and how long this has been being considered... It speaks to the fact that GM and other companies were trying to come up with electric or alternative fuels a long time ago.

TMR
Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »
There were electric cars in 1911, made by Detroit and others. They went 40-50 miles on a charge and went 35-45 mph, just like most modern electrics. They were sold as city or womens cars because they didn't need crank started. There was even a hybred built in '31. Two of the three cars built are in the Jack Rich musuem in Frackville, Pa.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
Whats old is new
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator