CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 05:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104975 Posts in 12266 Topics by 4728 Members
Latest Member: MartySS
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  RS Front Parking Lights and Trim Rings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RS Front Parking Lights and Trim Rings  (Read 560 times)
TooManyReels

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

I did a CRG search on this topic and found some helpful information, but did not find the answer to my question...My RS has the chrome trim ring around the front parking lot lights. From the factory how were these two different material assembled..Was it a sonic weld, compression fit or two part epoxy..They will not stay on once removed and reinstalled...

TMR
Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8
IZRSSS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »

Eddie - Compression fit. Begin by installing the ring from the top, then along the sides, finishing at the bottom by snapping it into place. You can certainly hear & feel when it snaps into place.
TooManyReels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

Thanks Marty...I bought a new set of lens and trim rings and they would not fit to save me..Kept popping off no matter how I tried it...I was running out of time last week getting ready to go the Camaro Nationals,  so I took the new lens and trim rings ground a little here and there on the lens so the trim would fix (without popping off) and then epoxied them together.

I have my original all cleaned up,  painted and ready to go back on the car...Just could not figure why the new ones would not fit...

TMR
Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: