Author Topic: RS Front Parking Lights and Trim Rings  (Read 3702 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
RS Front Parking Lights and Trim Rings
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
I did a CRG search on this topic and found some helpful information, but did not find the answer to my question...My RS has the chrome trim ring around the front parking lot lights. From the factory how were these two different material assembled..Was it a sonic weld, compression fit or two part epoxy..They will not stay on once removed and reinstalled...

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

Re: RS Front Parking Lights and Trim Rings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:06:14 AM »
Eddie - Compression fit. Begin by installing the ring from the top, then along the sides, finishing at the bottom by snapping it into place. You can certainly hear & feel when it snaps into place.

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 02:36:33 AM »
Thanks Marty...I bought a new set of lens and trim rings and they would not fit to save me..Kept popping off no matter how I tried it...I was running out of time last week getting ready to go the Camaro Nationals,  so I took the new lens and trim rings ground a little here and there on the lens so the trim would fix (without popping off) and then epoxied them together.

I have my original all cleaned up,  painted and ready to go back on the car...Just could not figure why the new ones would not fit...

TMR
Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 09:01:44 PM »
I know this an older post but does anyone know the time frame as to when the chrome trim ring was discontinued on the 69 RS cars?
Rick
69 RS/Z28