Author Topic: Is this Z real  (Read 3703 times)

lcmc

• View Profile
Danny
1969 Z/28 X77
1970 Nova L78 9300 original miles

IZRSSS

Re: Is this Z real
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
Trim tag seems to jive (D80) but;

Factory Cross Ram? No such animal. Maybe dealership installed?
No mention made of matching engine, trans/rear (certainly want to check the #'s). Seller refers to engine as factory. Weren't most engines made at factories?

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
Marty, I think you are correct.  They were all factory made back then..Now you can get anything.  In the write up its stated that it has power steering and I do not see a power steering unit. Am I missing something here..
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »
Eddie – I was just being sarcastic with the engine thing.  ;)

I have a hard time believing any car on eBay is real when the seller hides all of the important facts/details about the car. If it was real, one would think emphasis would be placed on the car's VIN, Engine Pad, Transmission Stamp (dates/#’s), and its rear (dates/#'s). How can anyone assess a car based on what this guy has in his description; boggles the mind!

BTW, is it just me or are more and more of these things coming out of the wood work??? about 1/wk?

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »

BTW, is it just me or are more and more of these things coming out of the wood work??? about 1/wk?

Marty, they are justing testing to see if can catch them!
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

IZRSSS

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
That's gotta be it!  ;)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
Marty - I know you were...Just picking at ya !!! I'm always suspect of cars when the person listing the car can't get the options listed correctly. I was at a car show a few weeks ago and a guys spoke to me about 45 minutes or more about his Z/28...I finally had to ask him.  Are you sure you have a Z/28 or just a Camaro ?  Then he said, why do you ask..

Well, to my knowledge they did not come with A/C. Oh really !!! They did not come with a TH350 either..OH !! Then I must have a RS/SS Camaro. A nice enough guy, but not a clue as to what he had bought, and in his words "in a thouand pieces"...  His car may be in part for a while..

Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »
I was at a car show a few weeks ago and a guys spoke to me about 45 minutes or more about his Z/28...I finally had to ask him.  Are you sure you have a Z/28 or just a Camaro ?  Then he said, why do you ask. Well, to my knowledge they did not come with A/C. Oh really !!! They did not come with a TH350 either..OH !! Then I must have a RS/SS Camaro.

"I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there"!