Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Red Oxide primer on interior or 68 Camaros- Jonn Z and Ed Please respond.

(1/6) > >>

scoop:
Can John Z and Ed comment on the use of red oxide primer on the interior of the 68 Camaro. I have pictures of my car when it was taken apart for restoration and it had a light coating of red oxide primer or some type of rusty red looking primer under the headliner, around the interior and doors, some traces under the rear package tray and under the dash.  This weekend I watched the talked to the judges at the Camaro Nationals and was told they did not accept any red oxide primer anywhere on the car as they did not use red oxide until 69, and that the primer should be dark gray. Are they correct? We painted everything back the way we found it and want to know if I have to change it to dark gray to be correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated before we complete the restoration.  Thanks for all the help!  Scoop

vtfb68:
Scoop,
 Sorry its only Victor. I have pleanty pictures of the same thing in a LA 05C car. If I could post I would.
   VT

scoop:
Thanks.  I forgot to mention that my car is an 04B Norwood car.

bertfam:
Scoop, read THIS for info on the use of red primer.

Ed

scoop:
Thanks for the info.  But I am still confused  as to if I can leave the red oxide under my carpet ect.o be correct as that is what was there.  Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page