Author Topic: Radiator restoration  (Read 2476 times)

GI JOE

• View Profile
Radiator restoration
« on: September 28, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have my OEM BB radiator but it is faded,  had some renters, etc, etc... I cleaned it out, but have not yet pressure tested her...

What I need to know is everything I should do to restore it back to OEM operational and show car level...

any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten.   :)

J:OE 
SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: Radiator restoration
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
If you're going to show level chances are the tanks will need to be pulled and dents tapped out.  You may need to remove them regardless.  I recently had mine re-cored, and I think to have it reworked to show condition would have added $200-300 to the bill, but it sounds like you are doing the work?  I saw a couple Legends cars at the Camaro Nationals that looked over-restored, much prettier radiator than how they left the factory.  I'm not sure if your car will be a driver or show.  Before you get into it, ensure it is really the original or date correct if doing a show level resto.  Any doubts post pictures here and the experts will comment.

The tags are important - if you send it out, ensure the shop knows to keep them and reinstall exactly if it's taken apart for repair.  Take pics before you drop it off.

GI JOE

• View Profile
Re: Radiator restoration
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
here are some photos
SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

anything