Author Topic: Decal/sticker locations  (Read 5187 times)

69pacecar

• View Profile
Decal/sticker locations
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
This is my first posting to this forum. Not sure what took me so long to join. I have owned a 69 Z11 pacecar since 75. I took it to a restorer to be restored several years ago and have finally gotten it back from him after many years of wrangling with the restorer to finish it. It is mostly complete but I am putting on the finishing touches myself since I could not wait anymore. I have purchased the decals for the car for under the hood, in the trunk, the tire information sticker and etc. and am wondering if there is a good source that shows the correct decal locations so I apply them in the proper locations. Can anypone direct me to where this info can be found? Any help is appreciated.

big iron

• View Profile
Re: Decal/sticker locations
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »
69 Assembly Manual (AIM) will help, but if you need more help just do search then ask.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
Also, make sure you have the correct decals and stickers.  Most of the reproduction ones are not correct.  Search Don Lightfoot or blue beast.
68Z28

69pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have ordered the assembly manuals since I saw some other repies on similar subjects online refer to it. I will look into the sites you mentioned for the correct stickers. I purchased the ones I have from Classic Industries. Are you aware of whether they are correct? If not, they were not terribly expensive so I can buy the correct ones if need be.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
If your labels include a CAUTION-FAN and the square foil GM door decal they don't belong on the car. Common error.

Also should not have the blue certification sticker. Late 69 production only.
Learning more and more about less and less...

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
Are you aware of whether they are correct? If not, they were not terribly expensive so I can buy the correct ones if need be.

Sorry, I don't know for sure.  I just know from experience that most of the vendors stickers are not 100% correct.  They look OK until you see a real one side by side.
68Z28

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
Welcome aboard first off and what a neat car you have secondly! congratulations........
Unless you plan on having the car judged I would not get too upset about the stickers as for the most part that is what everyone has been using and not very many know what is correct or not but as mentioned it would be wise to at least check and see what is correctly available. If you check Don's website you can see what he has to offer.
Welcome aboard again!
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

69pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:06:28 PM »
Thanks 68camaroz28. She's my pride and joy. Looking forward to taking her to some cruises and shows this year now that I have her back. I am sure I will be on the site with other questions. It is great to know there are so many helpful enthusiasts willing to answer questions.

69pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that William!