Author Topic: F-Body Gathering Atlanta  (Read 5336 times)

mikecio1

• View Profile
F-Body Gathering Atlanta
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »
http://www.fbodygathering.com/

Dont miss the longest running Camaro gathering and show!

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: F-Body Gathering Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
I've never been to this show, but I do plan to attend this year (since I know about it now)..  IS there a swap meet?  for *used original* parts??  plus new parts?  I assume that Ricks and Year One will have setups??  Anything a newbie to this show needs to know?

Gary / 69Z28-RS
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

mikecio1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
Gary,
There is no swap meet. GM brings a display and last year they had a trailer selling trinkets and t-shirts. Ricks is there and Year One, but mostly a small display with discounts on catolog sales if you order at the show. Some other vendors too. Be sure to read all the information on the website.
Main thing to remeber is to have FUN. This is not a typical car show. More like a tailgate party where everyone brings thier Camaros. You will get the whole experiance if you stay at the hotel. What a great bunch of people. Be sure to touch base with the organizers (Fran and Sherry). Also stop in and say hello at the Rev Zone, sponsered by the High Octane Camaro Club. Thats where I will be. I am arriving Wednesday from Florida. Starting Thursday there will be events every night. Dont worry about your car either they have on site security and a cop all night.
If your not with a club you can ask Dave at the Rev Zone if you can park with him. I hope to see you and your Z there!
Mike

High Octane and The Gathering both have Facebook pages that are filled with information about the event also.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
I only wish I had known a little sooner. I'm about 90 miles from there and would have loved to go but not enough head start on planning. Hope y'all have a blast. Take plenty of pictures to share!!!!
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
How many Camaros generally show up???
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
Gary,
There is no swap meet. GM brings a display and last year they had a trailer selling trinkets and t-shirts. Ricks is there and Year One, but mostly a small display with discounts on catolog sales if you order at the show. Some other vendors too. Be sure to read all the information on the website.
Main thing to remeber is to have FUN. This is not a typical car show. More like a tailgate party where everyone brings thier Camaros. You will get the whole experiance if you stay at the hotel. What a great bunch of people. Be sure to touch base with the organizers (Fran and Sherry). Also stop in and say hello at the Rev Zone, sponsered by the High Octane Camaro Club. Thats where I will be. I am arriving Wednesday from Florida. Starting Thursday there will be events every night. Dont worry about your car either they have on site security and a cop all night.
If your not with a club you can ask Dave at the Rev Zone if you can park with him. I hope to see you and your Z there!
Mike

High Octane and The Gathering both have Facebook pages that are filled with information about the event also.

Mike where in FL are you at. I am in the Tampa Bay area.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the information; sounds like this show isn't what I was thinking/hoping it was...   As an old camaro (and old car, 50-70's) restoratio and preservation enthusiast, I was hoping for first gen cars, parts, etc.   I'm thinking this show is more for later model camaros - ones not needing parts that can't be bought at the dealer...?

Gary
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

mikecio1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
We have at least 30 in our group. Last year it was about 250 cars to 300. Because of the introduction of the 5th gen attendance has grown. The nice thing about this show is its friendly, everyone has respect for all generations. Its cool seeing the young guys getting into it.
Plus you can park your car and have a safe fun time and not worry about driving home. Cause you are home.

I am in the Ft. Myers area. I am leaving Tuesday, driving to friends in Orlando. Then putting on a trailer and going to ATL Wednesday AM. We are stopping for breakfast at the Ocala Cracker Barrel about 7:00am

mikecio1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »

This show is for all Camaros. It is a Gathering of Camaro Enthusiets, all years. If you dont appriciate all Camaros 1st gens to 5th gens this isnt for you. It is not the normal car show limited to just old cars.  There  are young folks old folks and everyting in between. Chevys Scott Settlemire is always in attendance and brings things from GM for the Sunday night fund raiser auction.
I have friends who have all generations of Camaros and we all go.
Yes since the 5th gens came out we have had a influx of new attendees. But I look at this like this. when we were young nobody appriciated our first and second gens.
These young people are like us, if we encourage them they will be the keepers of all our hard work one day.

anything