Author Topic: Did 1969 Camaro Have a Bench Seat Option? Anyone Have a Bench Seat For Sale?  (Read 5188 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the Camaro had a bench seat option in 69.  I have seen several 67-68 bench seats and have even seen a photo of a blue deluxe interior 69 with a bench seat, but I am not sure if it is original or it was custom made.

Anyway, I have a 69 Indy Pace Car that came original with a column shifter and no console (as well as a powerglide and a 10-bolt rear).  When restoring it, I installed a floor shifter and console with gauges as well as swapping out the powerglide for a TH350.  I am now thinking of putting it back to the original setup.  I kept everything so it will be easy.  However, I remember the interior looking empty with just two bucket seats as well as the fact that I had nowhere to put my right arm since there was no shifter/console to lean on.  I was thinking a bench seat would fill in that "hole" nicely.  So, did GM offer a bench seat in 69?  If not, what is everyone's opinion on installing one.  Again, I am thinking of putting my pace car back to stock but will I be doing a dis-service by installing a bench seat that did not exist in 69? 

Finally, does anyone have one of these for sale?  Where would I find one?  I don't care if it is 67-68, as I can easily swap out the seat backs and have headrests.  Also, does anyone out there make seat covers for the bench seat or would this have to be a custom job?

Thanks for the input.

Steve

sdkar

• View Profile
Here is a pic of the bench seat from a 69.

bertfam

• View Profile
RPO AL4 wasn't available in 69, but as you can see from the picture above, it's been done before.

Ed

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
AL4 is listed as "coupe only" in the 67-68 ordering info.
Learning more and more about less and less...

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
69 Firebird still had a bench available. None in 69 Camaros.
As Bill noted, benches were only available in coupes.
Kurt S
CRG