Author Topic: 1968 Camaro Sport Coupe - which centers for my rally wheels?  (Read 7566 times)

texasappraiser

• View Profile
I am restoring a 1968 Corvette Bronze Camaro - 327/210, powerglide, factory AC, etc...i have located a correct set of 14x6 rally wheels but want to know which are the correct center caps. I have looked at parts suppliers and Camaro websites only to get more confused! My car is not a disc brake car. Flat caps or tall caps, which would have been installed from the factory? Thanks, Lance in TX.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: 1968 Camaro Sport Coupe - which centers for my rally wheels?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
Lance,

68 and 69 Camaro's came with the fluted (tall) caps. 67's had the flat caps with either "Chevrolet Motor Division Disk Brakes" (for disk brake cars), or just "Chevrolet Motor Division" (for drum brake cars).

Ed

texasappraiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »
Thanks Ed.

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 07:09:19 PM »
I don't believe 67 camaros had rally wheels for drum brake cars.
Russ

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 09:22:38 PM »
Yes, I've read that, but it doesn't explain the two different center cap Ornaments. One with "Chevrolet Motor Division Disk Brakes" and one with just "Chevrolet Motor Division". If it were true that in 67, if you wanted Rally Wheels you also had to order Disk Brakes, then it would be listed as such on the order form, and I've never seen anything that stipulates this. Of course, the CRG WHEEL REPORT shows no Rally Wheel available with Drum Brakes, so I guess that's the way it is, but I'm still not totally convinced.

Ed

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »
1967 camaros didn't have drum brake rally's but other cars did.  That is why they have the center caps with "Chevrolet Motor Division" only.
Russ