Author Topic: Include dealer sticker as part of restoration?  (Read 768 times)

paceme

• View Profile
Re: Include dealer sticker as part of restoration?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2016, 02:57:44 AM »
To me the sticker belongs because that's how you bought it.  Wish I could find a Jay Chevrolet dealer (Haddonfield, NJ) sticker/emblem, and if I did it would be installed instantly... BTW I'd pay dearly for any memorabilia from that dealer.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles. Website www.vintagecertification.com

1968 Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »
Hey...I have a Jay Chevrolet emblem.....Oh wait, it says Jay Chevrolet Sweetwater, Texas.   ;D ;D
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

bcmiller

• CRG Member
  • Bryon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 08:38:17 PM »
If I could find something from Dick Fencl Chevrolet for my car I might use it.

I do have an old Osceola Dragway Tech Inspection OK sticker on the windshield. That hopefully can stay there forever.  :)
1968 Camaro SS 396 - now 468 BBC, M21, 12 bolt.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016

revsitup

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:18:12 AM »

This used dealer sticker was on my car when I bought it in 2009.  Previous owner told me his brother bought the car in the early to mid 70,s from this dealer.   Dealership has been closed for years but was actually  located near my hometown in Carlisle,Pa.   There lot was beside the gate 3 entrance to the fairgrounds where all the Carlisle car show events take place.
I had the old sticker scanned then had a new one made to put on a thin magnet.  I thought it would be neat to put on the car when I have it at local shows since a lot of people still remember this dealership

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 02:53:34 AM »
 I got the Spielman dealership sticker reproductions in yesterday (I had 6 made for now) and they look great. I even had a sticker image put on a coffee mug into the glazing :) I held one sticker up to the blacked out tail panel and I just love the unique look it adds to the restoration. I have the car partially masked right now for a round of clear coat flow coating but when done I'll put one sticker on using some masking tape behind it and get your votes.

Mike
67 LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Under restoration