Author Topic: Wizard Products  (Read 3397 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
Wizard Products
« on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:30 PM »
Does anyone have any input about Wizard car products...I was reading about some of there products like the polisher-sealer last night and just wanting a second opinion.
TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

Dusk_Blue_Z

• View Profile
Re: Wizard Products
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »
I had a part time job in college as a detailer at Toyota dealership here in MN. All we used was Wizards. The Finish cut and Shine Master compounds were great products. The Mist n Shine worked well too. I never felt like the Turbo Cut worked well on deep scratches, even with a wool pad.

Hope that helps.

Nick
1969 X77 01B 51 51 flat hood

IZRSSS

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »
I don't care to promote any companies products, but when they work, what the hey. I've tried just about every polisher/buffer out there and most of them are better suited for grinding up concrete or making filings out of metal. The "Random Orbital", sold by Griots Garage in my opinion is the best one out there for the do-it-yourselfer and I can attest to it being fool proof  ;D. I was very impressed with how it brought back a 20+ year old paint job. It actually made me think I knew what the heck I was doing. Give it a look...I believe you can view the DVD on-line. It's used with specific pads and polishes. Below are a couple of pics so you can see what the stuff looks like.

griotsgarage.com
800-345-5789

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
Is that stuff safe to use on single stage paints or both SS an clear coats?

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »
Here's a quote from their catalog; "Using our system along with our polishes, waxes and sealants, you'll achieve superior results on any painted surface".

Give them a call. I'm sure they'll get into the specifics as to why its safe on all surfaces.

Dusk_Blue_Z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:45:58 AM »
I'm convinced that most compounds these days are very similar and just as effective as the next. You really can't go wrong, especially when using the foam pads. Just make sure you tape your corners, they can be easy to burn through (don't ask me how I know that   :)).
1969 X77 01B 51 51 flat hood

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
I have been thinking of getting a porter cable unit and starting with my truck. That truck is a lot of sheet metal to polish by hand and I have done it a lot. If I bought a polisher I wanted to be able to using on both of my vehicles now.  ;D