Author Topic: Rookie Poster  (Read 8589 times)

gonzobreath

• View Profile
Re: Rookie Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
 Interesting about CrossRam.  Unexpected.  I guess that's why I need some learnin' before I plunk down cash.  Even happier to be on this list.

What about chambered exhaust and headers?  Headers are usually a sure bet, but I know nothing about the chambered exhaust on these cars.

Sorry if these are stupid questions - I don't have Jerry's book yet; and therefore am still behind the curve.  Even armed with as much knowledge as I can cram in the next 3 months, I still plan to bring an expert with me when I pull the trigger on a car.

Bullit65 - I will take you up on your offer.  I need all the help I can get.  To answer your question, I'm looking for a nice, clean, correct car that I can drive, and occasionally run down to Laguna Seca.  I'm not looking for a 100 pt car, but as close as is practical.

Mike. 

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Rookie Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
Re the Chambered Exhaust:  I Love the sound (similar to sidepipe midyear corvettes), and I bought all the parts back in the '70's to put it on my car one day, but then a couple of years ago, John Z told me that the chambered exhaust was a 'marketing ploy', and actually made 7 less hp than the standard exhaust...  so my Chambered system remains up on my top shelf...  :)
Headers:   The BEST single change you can make to almost any car for performance, and that goes double of triple for the early Z28..  choose your tube size and length carefully..  :)

Gary
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan