Author Topic: fire wall on a heater delete car  (Read 2746 times)

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
fire wall on a heater delete car
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:24 AM »
I have found what the owner claims is a heater delete 69 SS396. The fire wall looks strange to me as it has a large hole where the normal heater box and blower motor is found. Does this sound correct? I don't understand why there would be a large hole be he claims that is the way they came. Can anyone confirm this?

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: fire wall on a heater delete car
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »
Vertical, 10" by 6" wide hole is an A/C car, all other cars have the same sized opening for a heater core.  Only cars shipped to Alaska (figure that one out), Hawaii, or for export could be equipped with the heater delete package.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
All Camaros were built with a cowl stamped either for a heater or A/C. Heater delete cars used the heater stamping and had block-off plates added to cover the blower motor and heater box openings. There was a block-off plate added to the dash where the heater controls would be.

For '69 C48 was not available in the lower 48. The only '69 I have ever seen built with C48 was a Z/28-RS delivered in Hawaii. C48 was available '67-'68 but is extremely rare.
Learning more and more about less and less...

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
thanks everyone. So it sounds like this car has had the firewall cut at sometime for some reason. It's a clean cut but nothing like my 68 or any other first gen I have seen.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:10:11 AM »
Here's pics of the two openings: http://www.camaros.org/options.shtml#id
Kurt S
CRG