Author Topic: Right rear floor rust  (Read 2407 times)

NoYenko

• View Profile
Right rear floor rust
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
I just got my 69 coupe blasted and sent to the body shop. The right rear floor area is rusted really bad. I ordered what I was told was the best USA made floor repair section. After comparing to the original it is not even close. The original reinforcement ribs are deeper and sharper stampings. Fisher body had really big press's.
This is a long shot but I wanted to ask if anybody might have or might know of a right rear section out of the floor. I have called allot of parts places and haven't come up with one yet. It just really bugs me to have to replace one section with something that doesn't match. I could probably make a left side work if someone had that.
George 

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Right rear floor rust
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:09 AM »
I'll tell you what I did on my 50 Buick.  I used fiberglass resin and mat.  I piled it up pretty thick and it's as tough as the steel and it contours perfectly.  You can't tell from the top or bottom.
68Z28

L78 steve

• View Profile
Re: Right rear floor rust
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
The complete D/S US made repair section from Heartbeat City matches up quite well. It goes from the front seam all the way back past the rear well that you need. I sectioned it just ahead of the oval drain in your pic. Someone did a crappy replacement and lapped the joint so I had the pleasure of doing it over. What fun. I wish I knew how to post pictures, I have some of the process.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B

anything