CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 06:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105763 Posts in 12346 Topics by 4757 Members
Latest Member: chelltab
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  GM Heritage Center Documentation / Underbody color
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: GM Heritage Center Documentation / Underbody color  (Read 6828 times)
NoYenko

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »

Couple more shots.
Mike S

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »

George,

Did you spray the car? If so, approximately what spray fan size did you use and how much overlap did you do under the rockers with the blue coat to get that factory look?

Thanks,
Mike

67 LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored
NoYenko

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 06:50:35 PM »

Mike, I did not spray it but ill try to find out the answer. The car was painted Ohare Auto Body in Bensenville IL. I thought they did an outstanding job, other than covering up most of the lightly stamped date codes. But I can be slightly anal sometimes. George
janobyte

1968 z/28

bajcer@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »

Very pretty under your car George. Blue works Cheesy.....Ash Gold does not Angry

What you wrote falls exactly in line what I found under my Z. Wondered why the gray ? ( and front 20% pretty accurate)

under my tank (trunk) was barely any coverage what so ever ,had the car sat out over the years , it would have long since rotted away. presented almost as bare metal with very lite surface rust.

Looks like you pretty much nailed what it might have looked like before the undercoating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: