Author Topic: Help and advice prior to purchase?  (Read 58249 times)

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
Help and advice prior to purchase?
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
I am seriously considering the purchase of a 69 RS/SS. The car is in FL and the seller claims that it is an all numbers matching car and complete Restoration was recently done. Is there any assistance available from the experts here to help inspect the car and verify the authenticity, correctness and possibly an appraisal? I have not been able find where I can contact some of the CRG members to at least ask if they would be willing to help.

I know there are inspection and appraisal companies out there, but I do not know how well they know these cars specifically.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Help and advice prior to purchase?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
Here's your man...  http://www.z28camaro.com/consvcs.html

Paul

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »
Thanks that is the exact person I was thinking of. I just was not sure if he offered that type of service. I will give him a call.

IZRSSS

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:23 AM »
I second Paul’s recommendation! It doesn't get any better than that!

In the mean time there are many experts on this site who would be more than willing to lend a hand. To begin with, simply ask the seller to send you pics of the VIN, Cowl Tag, and Engine pad. If all these check out, move onto the Transmission and Rear Axle numbers.

If you need help posting the pics send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you out.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Thanks I have a photo of the VIN tag and Cowl tag. I just need to verify the drivetrain castings, numbers and options. I am planning to go see it sometime this coming week when I have time.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
The VIN and Cowl tag are attached to evaluate. I have also downloaded some additioanl photos of the car from the ad listing. Please tell me what you experts think.  I already know that the A/C is aftermarket and that the bottom of the hockey stripe is a little too long indicating a resortation or repaint, and the added arm rest over the console. Other than that I am not sure, but I would like to know both what the car is and is not before I decide to purchase it. Either way it is a really nice car that I would not mind owning.

Mickey

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
Engine photos and shifter

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 07:13:25 PM »
Interior

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Trunk

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
Mickey - Not an expert here but I think I can help you out with the D90 Stripe. If you read this thread it isn't at all unusual for the leading edge of the stripe to extend onto the fender extension on early built 69's like yours. However, it is difficult to tell by the pic if the stripe was reapplied.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8820.0

Also, the Cowl Tag & Vin are great! And, the experts can better assist you if you have the numbers/pics mentioned in reply #3...especially the engine pad!

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »
Hood and exterior

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »
I can say anything about being real or not; but that is a nice car, love the color combo, hope it works out for you.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 08:08:53 PM »
Thanks, I like it too, but the seller has made some claims that I am not sure about that I would like to have verified before paying for a car that is priced for what it is claimed to be and not what it is. Not sure if that is true yet or not. Even if it is not I am still interested because of the color combination and how well it is presented but the price would be Significantlyless.

IZRSSS

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »
VIN & C-Tag look good.

729..............Ivory Hounds Tooth
57................Fathum Green
E..................Parchment V-Top
11c...............Built 3rd Wk of Nov. 68
No X Code.....Didn't happen at Norwood until second wk of December 68.

So far so good. Just need the partial vin stuff mentioned above to check against your VIN...Engine Pad and Transmission stamps.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
Exactly.  It is about an hour and a half from me. They are closed for the holiday so I am hoping to get there Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the help.

anything