CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2015, 09:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
112400 Posts in 12912 Topics by 4944 Members
Latest Member: 68RS/SS
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  New Edelbrock intake for my 67 Camaro Convertible.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Edelbrock intake for my 67 Camaro Convertible.  (Read 1511 times)
Posts: 16

View Profile Email
« on: December 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »

Hi Guys,
I've had my 67 for 11 years now and am finally getting around to replacing the intake manifold.  The 327 engine is the original but I have an Edelbrock 1406 Performance Carb on it which does not not match up perfectly to the original cast iron intake so there is a spacer between the two.  The spacer raises the carb so high that I have to use a very short air breather and the the hood BARELY closes.  Oh....I should have mentioned that I am not a mechanic, just a wannabe, so please be patient with me as I try to describe this as best I can.     

I have found an Edelbrock 350-2703 intake that appears to be a perfect match for my carb but would like to know if I may run into any problems when trying to install the new intake.  Will the new Edelbrock intake fit perfectly to the engine?  Will I need any additional parts/pieces to make this transition?  Any concerns replacing a cast iron intake with an aluminum intake?  What about performance?  I will have a family machanic do the work since I know "DIDDLY" about this. 

I was also able to find the exact intake at a local parts store for $40 less than one of the BIG BOY on-line stores.
Thanks in advance for any advice/direction or help. 
Posts: 118

hello from FRANCE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:45 AM »


if you own a 67 model, juste remember that with the new intake you 'll need also a new valves cover because most of the after market intakes  don't where oil tube for filling...

convertible 1967.12467
RPO: A02-A31-A67-B37-B93-C06-D55-G80-J50-J52-K02-L30-M11-M20 
N33-N40-N61-U17-U18-U25-26-27-28-29-V31-V32 Z21-Z22-Z87
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.