Author Topic: TH350 Kickdown Cable  (Read 19556 times)

IZRSSS

Re: TH350 Kickdown Cable
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
Steve & my stands for comparison...

IZRSSS

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
UPC M38 & M35...another posibility M38? Again...AIM is not specific  ???

M35 shows the 3rd hole for a harness clip.

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
Another UPC M35 & UPC Z28

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »
Uh........me thinks we're going a little off the subject fellas!!! ;D

bc69

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »
Want to hear it all. I was at first just wondering about the cable, but this kind of
discussion brings to light other variables that I hadn't thought of like the stand issue.
The pictures that you guys have been publishing are great. And speaking of is there really any difference
in the 2 pictured stands or is it just camera angle. The bend angles look to close to be actually a diff bracket.??
Brad
RSSS

IZRSSS

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:58 AM »
Uh........me thinks we're going a little off the subject fellas!!! ;D
Wow…one can only guess what might have sparked that jab ??? I have read absolutely nothing that requires the author to stay on topic. If it is a requirement please enlighten me!!! ;D

IZRSSS

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
Want to hear it all. I was at first just wondering about the cable, but this kind of
discussion brings to light other variables that I hadn't thought of like the stand issue.
The pictures that you guys have been publishing are great. And speaking of is there really any difference
in the 2 pictured stands or is it just camera angle. The bend angles look to close to be actually a diff bracket.??

I'm glad you are interested. I posted a thread a while back and never got a response...for whatever reason. Unfortunately the AIM just isn't specific when it comes to stuff like this so you have to rely on experience. That's where guys like Steve come in...hopefully he can shed some light on the subject, or anyone else for that matter.

As for our towers being the same, I don't know for sure. If Steve's has the "3rd" hole I would have to say yes. The other match would be some sort of stamp which mine does not have...but if we have the same pair, the right side tower does have a mark we can use for comparison.

IZRSSS

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Here is the right-side tower with the mark / stamp I was talking about...

bc69

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »
Well let's get off subject farther to the left, AIM M35/A25, and the need for a harness retainer hole.
The AIM shows the solenoid bracket on the carb shown here, but what all applications were the solenoid used.
But Z28/A4 shows the stand running up and back, where the M35/A14 shows this stand running up and forward.
Any reference anywhere on the diff part numbers though?

Brad
RSSS

IZRSSS

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 01:54:42 AM »
The tower for UPC M35 – A25 is part # 3959420. No part numbers given for UPC L48, M38 or Z28.

Z28 & M35 – Spring to tower. L48 & M38 – Spring to accelerator bracket at base of solenoid. 

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:40 AM »

I'm glad you are interested. I posted a thread a while back and never got a response...for whatever reason. Unfortunately the AIM just isn't specific when it comes to stuff like this so you have to rely on experience. That's where guys like Steve come in...hopefully he can shed some light on the subject, or anyone else for that matter.

As for our towers being the same, I don't know for sure. If Steve's has the "3rd" hole I would have to say yes. The other match would be some sort of stamp which mine does not have...but if we have the same pair, the right side tower does have a mark we can use for comparison.

Here are a couple of pics that may help.

Here are a couple of pics which may help.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

bc69

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
Steve, Did they always use what we have been calling the old style kickdown cable,
or did they ever change. In other words can anything like the bracket Marty had pictured
earlier in this thread be used and be called original or period correct?
Brad
RSSS

IZRSSS

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
Thanks for the pic Steve. I added another pic at the approximate angle of yours. I think it’s getting closer to a match. Can you please check the right tower to see if it has the “triangle” stamp shown on mine?

Thanks again!

IZRSSS

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
Steve, Did they always use what we have been calling the old style kickdown cable,
or did they ever change. In other words can anything like the bracket Marty had pictured
earlier in this thread be used and be called original or period correct?

Interesting question but...AIM / UPC M38 - A9 is very specific about the Detent Control Cable & Mounting Bracket (not to be confused w/tower bracket) shown in Steve's pic. It clearly shows these two are for the L48. As for mine being period correct...highly unlikely.  ;)

bc69

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
Understood on brackets. Now my question about the cable for the L48,
on M38/A9, they show 2 diff cables. Can anyone explain to me the revision note on the
3947511 cable and it's diff from the above 3947510?
Brad
RSSS

anything