Author Topic: interior question  (Read 3160 times)

Steve Barndt

• View Profile
interior question
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:43 AM »
A couple of decades ago I picked up a white deluxe interior at a yard sale. It was complete minus headliner and dashpad. I want to use some pieces from this interior when I put my car back together but I would like to know a little more about it. The back seat upper is hinged. I didnt notice any type of retaining mechanism on it to keep it upright. The places this seat back would need to bolt to do not exist in my car though the lower fits. Also the front window pillar covers are chrome. I am curious where this interior was originally applied on or what pieces to look for clues. Its been suggested to me that it came from a Firebird and it thats the case I would like to know that also.

thanks

Steve Barndt

basecoupe#79

• View Profile
Re: interior question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
Steve,  More than likely some parts are missing.  The rear seat top latches onto a bar, theres a release mechanism that lets it fold down. Your going to need some additional parts to make that seat work.  You can buy them on line...so no worries there.
I dont know if a Birds rear fold down seat is the same as a Camaro's though.

Post some pics using photobucket.  It might help other's here to I.D.ing it.

plumL78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
67 seats do not lock in on the top .They just catch on a clip  The  chrome W/S post covers were an option on 67s only  Here are a couple pics of what you should have

plumL78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »
I forgot to mention there are clips that weld to the floor where the seat back bolts on. You may be able to get them in repro.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:35:56 AM »
I forgot to mention there are clips that weld to the floor where the seat back bolts on. You may be able to get them in repro.

Good luck many have searched for these clips but unless your installing a full floor pan you will need a metal fabrication shop to produce two for you.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything