Author Topic: Camaro pic in the news  (Read 3562 times)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Camaro pic in the news
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:59:51 AM »
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/4-dead-dozens-hurt-as-storms-pound-Southeast-US-2272250.php#photo-1759963

This AP photo was in our local paper - shows a nice 68 RS/SS396 convertible in LA with tornado damage all around it. Actually the pic in the paper was slightly different, it shows the rear of the car completely, including the plate 'RSSS396". Nice car, sorry for their loss......
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:01:19 AM by KurtS »
Kurt S
CRG

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
Re: Camaro pic in the news
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
Rock Hill is where Mike's Custom Cars is located .... wouldn't be surprised if has had his hands on that one.
1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
Perhaps, but Rock Hill is in SC not LA, where that picture was taken.  I think Mike's place is on the other side of town from where the worst part of the storms went through.  We were about 50 miles due north of Rock Hill sitting it out by the side of the road (no, not in the 68).  That was really a rough storm even on the far side from where the tornados hit.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dan the man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:39:58 AM »
 Hi guys, re:68 rs SS in La. tornado belongs to a Friend of mine. The car was stored 2 houses from my house. The tornado took the entire garage/shop,tools,etc. The car received heavy damage to the pass. door and every body panel has some damage,including the convertible top frame and interior water damage. My rs SS coupe is in my garage and suffered no damage. PTL  Both cars are numbers matching rs SS big blocks. Plans for restoration are already underway !                                   
  Dan the man                                                                                                                                               

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »
Dan sorry to hear about this happening to your friends car, best of luck to him in the resurrection of his car.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca