Author Topic: November Cover Page  (Read 3856 times)

IZRSSS

November Cover Page
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
There are three great looking Camaro's on this month's cover page. I was wondering if you guys could give us a brief history on your car and maybe a couple of extra pics...interior, engine, or whatever.

Thanks!

1967RS/SS

• View Profile
Re: November Cover Page
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:35:06 AM »
Thats my 67.  Didn't realize my car made it on until reading this thread!  Anyways, bought in dec. of 99 when I was 24.  I am the 3rd owner.  Originally butternut yellow but the dude before me painted it black and added the spoiler (which I have recently removed).  Has the original motor and rear end (gears have been changed to 4.11s) but trans was swapped out to a 700r4.  If I remember correctly, previous owner said he blew the pg drag racing it.  I have the pop but haven't found a build sheet yet.  It's a LA 01C car. 

Will post other pics later when I get a chance...
1967 RS/SS L-48
Van Nuys 01C
Joseph

IZRSSS

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 12:02:18 AM »
Thanks for the information on your '67. I like black, but I like butternut Yellow even more. Either way, great looking car!

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
USA-1/LM69Z28 90% + original car and a REAL Z/28!  All numbers matched engine, trans (M21), rear end (373's).  723 57 57 02A X33  POP.  Block V0130DZ. Hidden vin under cowl matches engine, trans and dash vin tag.  Most dates located so far are from throughout the month of January although rear seat belts are 2nd to last week of December 68 . Original tinted glass (all date coded) except rear replacement (A01) .  Mostly original interior, dash pad, console, U17,  Z23 trim, shifter &  linkage, carpet, steering column, seat frames, door panels,  window cranks, door handles,  real rosewood wheel and the rosewood dash on the passanger side  was in the car when purchased!  AM radio.  Original YH wheels all date matched (4) and trim rings. Original cowl hood and spoiler car as documented through many CRG postings and help from all the great members of this forum! Frame up restoration on paint. Even the gas tank is dated 25 69! The car has never been fully taken apart as far as we can tell. Even has original jack and components. All chrome is original and was redone during painting.  All stainless is original and was polished when the car was painted. All locks, ignition are  original to the car! She has been featured in Muscle Car Review 01/11 (article is BS and badly written) and “cover girl" for Hagerty’s Insurance magazine Fall 2011 issue. Multiple award winner including concourse level judging 1st place in class.  VCCA judged 997 out of 1000. We are honored to be featured on CRG! 

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »
More photos LM69Z28

IZRSSS

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »
Michael - That has to be one of the nicest cars I've seen on this site! Just curious...where did you loose the 3Pt's?

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 01:42:49 AM »
Marty
Thank you so much, we appreciate the compliment! Many people over the years have disagreed with your assessment. Different strokes I guess?  We have attended many shows over the years, not for awards mind you but for the great fun, cool people for the most part, (Mopar guys are weird!) and being outside with all sorts of different and beautiful vehicles! especially 1st Gen Camaros. We have never won an award at a show where its not "judged" but by popular vote and we always lose to a red car no matter what kind of car it is, or a convertible!
In the Southern California area the Vintage Chevy Club of America (VCCA) does not have "professional" judges per say (except for the Vettes)...There is a core group of judges that enlist other car owners and give the newbies a crash course on how to review and judge cars at the sanctioned VCCA events. These guys will hopefully get it and become good judges down the line. No matter if its Camaro, Impala, truck, Nova or old timer from the 30's, 40's or 50’s some of these guys are really not qualified and don't really know or understand what they are doing or looking for but all of a sudden become expert judges and your score hinges on their knowledge and understanding of what they are looking for and at..............Doesn't always work that way. 
My last judged event a "newbie" did the interior of the car and an old fart did the engine compartment but was looking for any excuse since they had already picked one of their own local members for the 1000 point award.
1 point my original A arm flaps have a few slight tears
1 point my original carpet is a bit faded
1 point  my original console chrome trim and glove box latch have slight pitting and the edge of the original dash pad is curled up a bit and it doesn't lay flat against the face of the dash on the passenger side.

Well  there you are but at least those parts are original to the car which has been my intention form the beginning, keep as many “born with" parts as possible.

At my first judged show they dinged me for 20 points because they said the battery and tries were wrong. I challenged the judges which you are not suppose to do and got out Jerry McNeishs book to prove they were wrong, which they really did not appreciate!
BTW Marty thanks for the help! I read you post on how to edit pictures for posting and it worked great!

Thank a Vet today!

IZRSSS

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
Mopar guys aren't so bad once you've convinced them of what they've always known...nothing beats a bowtie ! As for popular vote based shows, or my car will beat your car because I brought more friends/clubbies than you did car shows, I feel your frustration. Trust me, 99.999% of those shows are crappola and are intended to get back at you for all the legitimate awards you've won. I learned early on, unless its for a good cause, scratch those off the calendar or you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment! On the flip side, I think those shows have a silver lining. They give everyone a chance to win. I don't know of anyone who enjoys loosing.

The 3Pt's you had deducted from your car are very minor and I'd be willing to bet won't even be noticed on your next 1000PT judged event. You did an excellent job! Be proud you have a great car!

Happy to hear the pics thread helped.

AMEN TO THANK A VET!!!