Author Topic: ride height ?  (Read 3493 times)

crownroyal58

• View Profile
ride height ?
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
i just installed a pair of Eaton leaf springs (5 leaf) under my 69 camaro with a 396 ci engine, i was told these springs would give me the correct ride height. i have not tightened any of the shackle bolts and have placed 230 pounds in the trunk which should more than exceed the weight of a tank of gas, spare tire, jack, tail pipes etc. measuring from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame rail measures  8.25 inches.
what have i done wrong? any suggestions?

mike

srode

• View Profile
Re: ride height ?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »
My experience has always been new springs settle in after a while.  Be patient and see how it sits in a few months. 
Steve - 02D Z11 and a Plain Jane hardtop

william1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:22 PM »
i to suffered from spring shock, yes springs get tired, i did my home work, you know correct springs for the configuration of your car, finished it up and set it on the ground for the first time and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh noooo,,,,, but soon after working it a little and letting everything settle it was dead on.

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:28:14 PM »
I had the same problem with mine. I measured, and sent the dims back and they sent me another set that was DEAD accurate. If they have settled at all I have not noticed.

-Mark.

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
Someone had told me that Heartbeat City does not sell Eaton because of the ride height issue not being right. Has anyone else heard this?