Author Topic: Manual top sticker location?  (Read 4393 times)

srode

• View Profile
Manual top sticker location?
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
Where does the yellow manual top sticker go on a 1969 convertible?  I think it's on the convertible frame but not sure where? 
Steve - 02D Z11 and a Plain Jane hardtop

IZRSSS

Re: Manual top sticker location?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
The '69 AIM references Fisher Body for the manual top (Option Index-A1 {*C05}). There are 53 pages devoted to the "Folding Top" in Fisher's Service Manual and nothing about the yellow sticker. You might want to review that section in case I missed something. I also checked AIM O-B1 (Labels & Stickers) and again came up empty. This could be because its covered in detail beginning on page 45 of the Owner's Manual. 

srode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
I have a chassis service manual but can't find anything in it about convertibles - is this a different manual?

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
Drivers side frame rail that fits up against the rear edge of the quarter glass, bottom of the decal is about level with the rear quarter trim panel with the roof up.  When I got my car there was only one on the drivers side, and no sign there was ever one on the passenger side
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
I have a chassis service manual but can't find anything in it about convertibles - is this a different manual?

Yes, it is a different manual. I highly recommend you get one for your library. You'll find much of what appears to be missing from the AIM in this book simply because Fisher Body was responsible for several body parts not found/included in the AIM. I included a pic of the Folding Top chapter/sections Index so you can see how extensive it is. Also included is a link to several manuals.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=1969+fisher+body+service+manual&_sacat=See-All-Categories

srode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
Drivers side frame rail that fits up against the rear edge of the quarter glass, bottom of the decal is about level with the rear quarter trim panel with the roof up.  When I got my car there was only one on the drivers side, and no sign there was ever one on the passenger side
So at the rear of the quarter window with the bottom even with the rear of the quarter glass fuzzie?  With the top up it faces toward the front and down a tad?  What an odd place to put a sticker for anything - won't be able to see it with the top down, correct?

Thanks for the info on the Body Manual Marty, I'll order one

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »
You can see it in this picture.

With the top down its right behind the hold down clip.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

srode

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »
Thanks Mark, that's what I was thinking you meant.  Hey one more question, is it oriented so its readable in the upright position from the inside or outside of the car?

Also, noticed you are missing an orange tuft button head on your seat - I had the same problem an ordered a replacement button from Heartbeat for about $2, popped the orange top off of it and then squeezed it on to the metal part in the seat carefully with some needle nose carefully and it popped right on - stayed in place fine!