Author Topic: 69 Cleaning under the cowl grill  (Read 3843 times)

LM69Z28

• View Profile
69 Cleaning under the cowl grill
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »
Got caught in a freak rain squall that blew threw last Friday 09/30. Was at a local show and by the time I ran back to the car she was soaked. I wanted to put some towels over the grills but to late. Now the light road dust that was not really noticeable is muddy appearing on the white paint. The depth from the top of the grills to the base of the cowl is 5" Any suggestions how to get in between the grills to clean this up short of taking the entire cowl panel off.
Suggestions and tips are always appreciated
Michael Kellogg
LM69Z28 ???

IZRSSS

Re: 69 Cleaning under the cowl grill
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Wow...I don't think there is a way of thoroughly cleaning the inside of the cowl short of giving it a good blast of water or removing the grill. If it were me, I would remove the grill & detail it by hand. Otherwise, a blast of water and a good air compressor might be the ticket.

I'm not one for promoting jobber's products but I've tried them all (well, almost all) and these guys have good products and fine detailing gadgets that work.

FWIW...here's their detailing tools...http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/tools/detailing+tools.do

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »
Less agravation to just take the cowl panel off, I do it every few years ( black car )
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
Thanks Guys.............
LM69Z28 :)