Author Topic: replacing rear outer wheelhouse  (Read 3639 times)

rs1967ss

• View Profile
replacing rear outer wheelhouse
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
  Ok, here's what im facing. I have a 67 Camaro, at the preset time, the lower rear quarters, trunk floor, taillight panel, rear inner valence, has all been removed. Both of my rear inner wheelhouses are in good shape, but the outer wheelhouse sections are bad on about 12" of the rear portion. My question is, were about to begin putting in a complete trunk floor, should I replace the outer wheelhouses prior to this or after? Also, since only a small portion of the rear of the wheelhouses are bad, could I use only a portion of a new wheelhouse, instead of replacing the whole thing. Also, is it even possible to replace a outer wheelhouse w/ out removing the entire quarter panel???? Please help!!!
Kelvin Scott 67 SS/RS350 Marina/Black/dlx Parchment VanNuys 02B

Stingr69

• View Profile
Re: replacing rear outer wheelhouse
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
You will have to either piece it together (only if the damage is REALLY minor) or remove the quater panel to replace the outer wheel well.

rs1967ss

• View Profile
Re: replacing rear outer wheelhouse
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Stinger, I was afraid of that. I believe at least one side has more rust than the other. I was hoping I could replace it without dealing w the quarter. Thanx for the info
Kelvin Scott 67 SS/RS350 Marina/Black/dlx Parchment VanNuys 02B

anything