CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 10:54:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97153 Posts in 11687 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sound deadener/insulation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound deadener/insulation  (Read 507 times)
jvb6648

View Profile Email
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »

I want to put sound deadener/insulation in the roof. Thinking of using Jegs brand, any opinions or what to avoid. The roof is ready to install so it should be easier now.

Jim
68 Z/28
Sauron327

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

I get Evercoat Q Pads at my jobber cheaper than what I see Jegs price is. There are others deadening products from which to choose.
ChevyThunder

race935
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »

The debate rages on but one thing for sure is no one ever says anything bad about Dynamat. Ebay has some good deals but always pay attention to the shipping charges

1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28
Sauron327

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:31 AM »

I use adhesive for roof skin installations and just weld the sails and A-pillar corners. Clamp and it's done. No welding in the drips and it's use retains their factory STRSW appearance. When used properly and in the right application, adhesives offer advantages over plug welding. Some like to plug weld the front and rear and use adhesive only in the drips but adhesive is very strong and those seams will not be separated with adhesive's use. Deadening products and extent of installation are customer's choice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: