Author Topic: New reproduction wheel well moldings  (Read 2800 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
New reproduction wheel well moldings
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
Hey guys,

I just spoke with the guys at Lonestar car parts about these.  Here is what I found out.  They are NOT like the old repro sets that are made of aluminum and fit horribly.  According to Lonestar, these have the same curves and fit exactly like the OEM and are made of stainless steel...not soft aluminum like the junk that is currently out there.  I was hoping that a quality repro wheel welll molding became available before I purchased all (4) original GM OEM wheel moldings.  If these are as good as they say, maybe I will sell my OE set and buy these and use the extra money for parts.   

If anyone has bought and has feedback on these particular moldings or if you do buy these, please let us know if they are as good as Lonestar claims they are.  I know there are more than a few guy out there that are looking for a decent fitting set but can not afford the OE ones.

Here is the link:
ebay -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Camaro-Wheel-WELL-Molding-Set-OE-STYLE-/120767849903?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1e5325af

and their own website-
http://www.lonestarcarparts.com/1969-Camaro-Wheel-Well-Molding-Set-OE-Style-4_p_2935.html

Anyway, wanted to pass on the information.

Steve

m22mike

• View Profile
Re: New reproduction wheel well moldings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
Right in there ad it states original material ?  I would have ot see a set myself to believe they were made from stainless. And as far as the OEM aluminum trim, all that stuff was made from dead soft aluminum the anodizing made the surface hard, but if you ever tried to file or drill it it does not machine well, that is typical of soft aluminum.

X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

srode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 01:36:53 AM »
If you get a set, I'd very much like to hear what you think of them.
Steve - 02D Z11 and a Plain Jane hardtop

69Z28freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
I have a set of OER and they are crap. I am going to swap mine out for stainless at some point.
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

anything