Author Topic: New Seats for 67  (Read 4294 times)

mjnotto

• View Profile
New Seats for 67
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »
My 67 camaro has the standard leather seat with no headrest. I want to add a harness that has three points but requires a headrest. Does anyone have a suggestion for new seats. I want to upgrade the seats so they are nicer. No interest in staying originally matching. I was thinking. 2011 camaro seats but i dont know where to find them or their cost. Looking for something leather and comfortable. Not planning on replacing back seat which is a leather bench. current seats are black. Thanks for suggestions

IZRSSS

Re: New Seats for 67
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Have you tried contacting a dealer or a salvage yard? I too did a search but came up empty.

BTW - Fit & safety should be your first priority. Trying to marry a 2011 seat to a First Gen would open up a can of worms. I would first look for aftermarket seats made specifically for your application. Even these type of seats can have issues. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?p=397368

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »
Not sure about the 5th gen seats fitting a 1st gen.  However, a 3rd or 4th gen seat will fit fine with very little effort.  The holes pretty much line up and if you have a power seat, running wiring is not hard at all.  Also, you can find them relatively inexpensive at the junkyard (at least my junkyard).  I bought several pairs of seats from a 4th gen Camaro and Trans Am for my 69 Camaro project.  Every time I bought a pair, something nicer would show up the following week.  With the 4th gen seats you get the late model comfort as well as recline and power seats and possibly lumbar support and heating if you want to add those features too.   What's really nice is if you decide to go with a 4th gen seat, Year One makes seat covers for this seat in houndstooth to match and give that 69 interior look. 

If there are no junkyards near you or you can't find any decent 4th gen seats, I have (4) pairs of 4th gen seats of different colors/styles, such as standard cloth and leather, dark grey leather from a 97 SS, Black standard leather, etc.  These seats are in decent condition with the foam intact and little or not tears, but all of them bought with the intention of recovering them.  I can send you photos if you like.  PM if you are interested in a pair as I would be happy to send them to you for what I paid (about $60 for the the pair) + shipping. 

Hope this helps.

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 04:51:20 PM »
I would look into aftermarket suppliers such as Summit, Jeggs, and others I think you will find a lot of options out there through the aftermarket