Author Topic: Monterey "Historics"  (Read 20233 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Monterey "Historics"
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »
Smokey Yunick Camaro had a "slight issue" on the first lap of Saturday morning practice.

Jon Mello
CRG

67 rss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:58:44 AM »
Lane, thanks for posting the photos. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet up over the weekend. I had my middle brother and my kids with me
and we did not spend too much time in any one place. Never made it up to the corkscrew or the outside part of the track. I'm glad to see
you had an opportunity to meet Chad though. They sure had the Trans-Am cars packed in like jelly beans, which I don't think anybody liked.
I suppose that's the new reality of how things are going to be since they expanded the amount of race groups for the weekend. I saw that
they added speed readouts on top of the bridge on the main straight, which was pretty neat. Saw quite a few cars in the 120+ mph range.

No worries Jon...wanted to hear more about your car....I saw a couple of people that looked like you however ;)
The speedo was neat and the large TV screen on top of the tower worked this year as well with live feed.
The first picture I took is from our camp at Rainey curve fwiw...

I saw the Yunick car go in..wondered what was wrong...looks like they were lucky from your photo..one of the Penske cars also went in with a lot of smoke...not sure if they ran later or not..

Lane

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
Thanks, Lane. The view from your camp site is a good one. By the way, pictures from the Historics have been posted now on the Historic Trans-Am website. Yes, I'm in a few of those pictures too.
Jon Mello
CRG

Pickle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »
Good to meet you Jon...we had a lot of fun out there on the track!
Loud Pipes Save Lives

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »
Very nice to meet you as well, John. It was a great weekend.
Jon Mello
CRG

kiwiboss

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Very nice to meet you as well, John. It was a great weekend.

Hi Jon, you meet all the nicest people at Vintage racing don't you!!! Great to have a catch up and a chat!!

And i must mention that the Raynal family made a us Kiwi's real most welcome, special thanks to them.

Dale Mathers
New Zealand

OCTARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Thanks for the kind words about the family, Dale.   I really appreciate it.

We had a great time with you, Craig and Scott, and we hope to meet up at future events here or there.

-Chad

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
Hi, Dale. Very definitely great to see you once again at the races. I won't make it to Coronado but hopefully will see you out there again next year!
Jon Mello
CRG

anything