Author Topic: starter soleniod cover color  (Read 4905 times)

Tinkerr

• View Profile
starter soleniod cover color
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:35 AM »
I have three plastic caps for the starter soleniod and I'm trying to determine which is correct. One is brown, looks like the one's the rebuilders use, which I'm sure is wrong, the other is a very dark brown/black with some flecks of light brown and very thick,heavy plastic. The last is just black, it resembles the brown ones the rebuilders use but it's black. Any insight would be appreciated. thanks

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: starter soleniod cover color
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
Don't know what year you have, but in '67 the solenoid cap was dark brown Bakelite, with this molded in the front face:

Delco
Made
in
USA
Remy
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Tinkerr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
Hi John,
I have a 68,(seems I'm always forgeting something even after proof reading several times). Is bakelite the heavy brown/black cover with the flecks of light brown, it also has a rough texture. I believe this came off my old 67 Camaro, it was mostly original. The one I removed from a 68 Nova is very similar,but is smooth textured and a little darker, could be black,both have Delco-Remy and Made in the U.S.A. in the same location below the positive terminal. Any idea's for 68? thanks

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:42:22 PM »
Don't know for sure - there were variations in the brown color and texture; I doubt if anyone can say conclusively that any one appearance is "correct" to the exclusion of others.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything